Burnshield treats all types of burns with a variety of ranges in Hydrogels and Dressings.
What to keep in mind when treating younger burn victims?
Should your child suffer a burn, there are certain things that you should and shouldn’t do to help them immediately.
By giving immediate first aid you can lessen the severity of the burn while rushing the child to the closest most appropriate emergency department. Prompt medical attention to serious burns can help prevent scarring, disability, and deformity.
Children are curious and like to explore their surroundings. A child’s sensitive skin burns far more easily than adult skin.
A severe scald can inflict a serious injury and may mean a long stay in the hospital. It may also require painful skin grafts and years of treatment and can result in permanent scarring. A severe scald over a large skin area can even cause death.
Much will depend on the size of the burn, the depth and the age of the child.
- Keep in mind that burns are extremely painful. [Pain control needed]
- With a larger burn, more fluid is lost. This needs to be properly replaced. There is a special formula for it
- Move out of the danger area
- Remove tight clothing and jewellery
- The wound must be kept clean as an infection is a major risk
- Cool the burn with Burnshield or water only
- Maintaining body temperature
- Nutritional support
Burnshield is safe and can be used on children of all ages. As stats have shown us domestic burns are on the rise mainly involving children. Burnshield has specially created a Burn Vest for this reason.
The vest comes in 3 sizes, 6-12 months, 24-36 months, 4-5 years. This covers the torso, back and upper arm area.
- A burn needs immediate attention
- First and foremost cool and soothe the burn
- The second important action is to rehydrate the burn area, this helps the recovery
- Burnshield covers all actions in one solution
All Burnshield products contain our sterile gel (96% water, Melaleuca Alt. (Tea Tree) Oil, Gelling Agent). It absorbs and dissipates heat which minimises burn damage. Provides cooling for pain relief and shock reduction.
It is clear and easy to assess the wound. The gel is non-stick and will not adhere to wound. Non-toxic. Non-irritant. Safe to use on Children.
As long there is pain and heat coming from the burn area, keep applying Burnshield.
We recommend to lightly applying a non-absorbent bandage to secure the gel/dressing to the wound area.
The burn should be kept moist/wet for as long as possible to aid the recovery process. If pain and heat persist seek medical attention.
For further information and general enquiries contact www.burnshield.com or call 08610 BURNS
Source: Arrive Alive: https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-burns/basics/art-20056649